On behalf of the International Organizing Committee, you are hereby cordially invited to submit a paper for the 16th IEA International Workshop on Beryllium Technology (BeWS-16), which will take place on 19-20 October 2023 in Santander, Spain.
This workshop will be held in conjunction with the ICFRM-21, which will take place in Granada, Spain on October 22-27.
The workshop will be hosted by the company “Leading Metal Mechanic Solutions”. This company fabricates various metallic components including those from beryllium and will organize for participants a visit to their Beryllium facilities which are about 35 min away from Santander.
The abstracts for the workshop can be submitted (due date 31 March 2023) through the webpage:https://www.be-ws.com/56.php. The abstract should fit on one page and be formatted as text.
Submitting authors will be notified about the acceptance of the abstract before the 17th of April.
As usual, papers are called for in the following areas of beryllium technology:
- Production, forming and joining
- Chemical compatibility and corrosion
- Composition control and characterization
- Thermal and mechanical properties
- Irradiation effects
- Neutron, He and H-Isotope effects
- Microstructural evolution
- Mechanical & physical property degradation
- Modeling and experimental validation of irradiation defects in beryllium and beryllides
- Development and characterization of beryllides
- Plasma/tritium interactions
- High heat flux performance
- Monitoring, disposal and recycling
- Health and safety issues
More information will be following soon on the planned technical program, registration details, abstract submission, accommodation, etc. You can find other important dates on the Workshop webpage: http://be-ws.com.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Santander this year!